Rank
    Snail

Hacking problem

Since many people get hacked by this site (mapleextalia.tk DO NOT GO THERE), I think people should be aware of it.
    Some (or many) people won't notice it's not an official site of extalia-owners.

Here are some suggestions:

- GM-Notice: Notice In-Game to make people aware of the site. Tell them not to go to any other site than http://maple.extalia.net/ or something like that.

- Maybe the owners of the hacking-site pay people to smega it for them, so GM-Noticing not to do that might help.

I'm sure you will find other ways, and I'll let you handle this further.

Please take this in consideration.

Mastermind
    Rank
    Goby
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 940 Posts
    The only way people can find out about this fake site is when they smega in-game. We don't advertise our own website because clearly the people playing know what it is otherwise they wouldn't be playing.

Still, it's a bad phishing scam that needs to be dealt with.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caretaker For This Useful Post:

meh~!
    Rank
    Shroom
    Home :^) n_n drinking something good, soda or water
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy
    Fake ExtaliaMS Site.
    Hello, I'd like to inform everyone once again, to not use any site besides http://maple.extalia.net/
    We do not endorse, promote or accept any other sites.
    The website; http://extaliams.zxq.net is a fake one, and we do not run this.
    If you used this website recently CHANGE Your password IMMEDIATELY. They will hack your account and strip it.

Thank you for your time.
    Regards, Staff.
    by Envy, but it is still the same content.

Banned
    Rank
    Banned
    Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,269 Posts
    I actually don't feel that bad for the people who go to that site. It's kind of obvious it's not our main site unless you've never been here before. What I do have a problem with is people constantly bringing it up (for example people reporting others for smeggaing the site, but then linking the site in their report.) That's just asking for some curious kid to click it before reading the whole explanation.

Also there was already an announcement on it too, wasn't there? People should know better by now.

Edit: It appears there has been two announcements that address this problem lol.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KingKongSchlong For This Useful Post:

Rank
    Snail
    Quote Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
    I actually don't feel that bad for the people who go to that site. It's kind of obvious it's not our main site unless you've never been here before. What I do have a problem with is people constantly bringing it up (for example people reporting others for smeggaing the site, but then linking the site in their report.) That's just asking for some curious kid to click it before reading the whole explanation.

Also there was already an announcement on it too, wasn't there? People should know better by now.

Edit: It appears there has been two announcements that address this problem lol.
    Yes, I linked the site to show people which sites are actually FAKE.
    If I didn't there could be some uncurious readers who just go to the site when they see it in a smega, not knowing it's the fake one..

Banned
    Rank
    Banned
    Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddynator111 View Post
    Yes, I linked the site to show people which sites are actually FAKE.
    If I didn't there could be some uncurious readers who just go to the site when they see it in a smega, not knowing it's the fake one..
    I actually didn't mean how you did it. I mean a full on link like so: http://extalia.net

bad bitches
    Rank
    Yeti
    You also have to keep in mind that 40% of the players in-game probably don't even come on to forums unless they get banned or here to report things.

Like Ryahn has said already, there has been two announcements and that hasn't been enough to stop the stupidity that comes with being a human.

You can warn them all you want, but there are those few individuals who still go on that website, download or visit whatever is available and then want to cry about after we told you so. I don't feel sorry for them either.

If their curiosity wants to lead them somewhere they know isn't the right place to go, let them. It will teach them a lesson, might it be a hard one, but again we have already warned the community about it. Not only that, we only have one place that is advertising our server. On GTOP. We are located on the TOP of the GTOP Page. No where else.

Sufferer
    Rank
    Goby
    Bumped the announcement with the new fake website. Outside of telling people fake shit is fake, we can't do much.

Credits to Neko for the amazing sig.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subvert For This Useful Post: